So, as most of you know, I over the past year have converted from dark hair to blond highlights. Let's be honest, my hair hates any color you apply to it. It rejects black people!!! MY stylist, God bless her, has slowly been converting over to a dirty blond. But it's taking too damned long. Why am I doing this?
Little dude, and parental pride. I was genetically blessed to get most of my fathers traits; brains to spare
most times, the bizarre colored eyes, the olive skin, the ungodly thick hair with the natural wave. Now, in planning out little dude it came down to an experiment in paternal genetics. Weatherman, looks like his dad, I look like my bio-dad. So being the
competitive arseholes science geeks we were we wondered how would our offspring look Basically came out as we guessed. Less the dirty blond hair with the patches of dark. Yes, even the hairdresser calls him patches. So little dude is like a mini-me with OCD's and a penis. Except for the damn hair. I am sick to death of people looking at my pasty-arse husband with his light hazel eyes and saying they see little dude. My breaking point was of course the MIL, telling family that lived far away that Little dude looked just like the weatherman. WTF!? No, he doesn't. He acts like him, thanks for passing on that charming I worry about everything down not 1 but 2 generations.
So, since I have lightened my hair, the comments around town have subsided. The MIL is a lost cause, but tomorrow, after over a year, I am cheating on my hairdresser and going else where to get this transition completed. Wish me luck.
Oh, did I mention, I haven't told weatherman about doing this. I'm not going to either. Lets see how long it takes him to notice. After all his running male stupidity record is 2 weeks 3 days. That was for me after 3 years of wearing glasses, wearing contacts and him not noticing for that long. Yep, I'm pulling a woman stunt. He he. I hope it all turns out and my hair doesn't get friend by this lady in the AM. If it does, I blame the MIL. Just sayin'.
3 witty replies:
My hair is anti-hair color, too. It's weird. I have a ton of highlights right now. I've gone darker and within a week the dark color is gone and everyone's all 'Ohhh, you bleached it out, huh?' Noooo, it WASHED out. Stupid hair. I swear it's trying to make me look more vain than I actually am. I should just give up.
So, I have blue eyes. I love to shop. I love shoes. I have fair skin. But whenever The Bottomless Pit's grandmother sees The Cute she's all 'Blue EYES, like (Bottomless Pit's Sister's Name!!!)', 'She loves clothes, just like ******'. You get the picture. The Cute has my blood type so sorry...yes...I was involved.
I'm fascinated by your kid's hair, by the way.
I am LMAO at this! WHY WHY WHY for the love of all things chocolate do the in-laws always think your kids look just like "their" child??!!!?!?!?
My youngest looks like me, but my MIL just swears up and down that he looks like the hubs at that age. I have seen pictures. NO HE DOESN"T DAMN IT!!!! I really just wanna stab her eyes out! lol
Good luck with the hair thing!
Let me know how it turns out ok?? I am actually going back to my dark hair....
Post a Comment