Help out Little Dude's School in one easy step!

America's Favorite School Contest - help your school win $20,000 - vote today!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I will be tormenting myself for the next week

School for little dude is out Thursday at noon.  For the summer.  We have a trip back home planned, God help my sanity.  It will be fast and I won't be doing much ambling.  It sucks because I would love to take the time and hike a bluff or two.  That is so not happening as two weeks ago I had a nice upper ankle sprain, tore part of the leg muscle.  Call me Grace.  Well I was told 6-8 weeks for recovery.  Damn,  fine.  Whateves.  Now, I realize last night that it's still swollen, and a bit higher up.  It also hurt yesterday more than any other day to date.  I have self-diagnosed a stress fracture of the tibia.  You know since I am so damn stupid I don't understand the physiology of the  body... It fits.  The swelling, the pain locations, and the likes.  Also, the fact the doc told me I tore muscle in the leg.  They don't usually show on X-rays, so I cannot call the doctor any names for that.  I could go in for a bone scan, or just call it good and treat this.  As the treatment is actually counter productive.  I can walk, a bit.  Weatherman is thinking about crutches to aid me.  I'm still on the fence.  Damn my pride. 
So since I will be with fam-damily in the coming days bear with no posts.  I'll be back.  Back taking that frickin' class.  Back more stressed then when I left.  Back with a first grader!  Ahhhh where did the time go?

3 witty replies:

Anonymous said...

They are growing up too fast

Michelle@DomesticationoftheSingleGirl said...

Um, ow.

Get the crutches. It'll make it easier. And you can reach people better. You know, to hit them. Call them 'beating sticks'.

Summer vacation already? GEEZ.

:D

Krimmyk said...

I love how you think Michelle!

Label Cloud

Rock On my friends, Rock On!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

I see you!