We got Logan all signed up for Kindergarten yesterday. Wow, it is wrong the FF kiddos are old enough to go to school. Corey kept texting me to find out where to go. Umm Juniata is tiny, you CANT get lost in the place. I couldn't get the ringer off on the loaner phone either. To top it off Meagan, Michelle were texting me too about what we were going to do with lessons. Other parents were looking at me funny. Screw'em not like Logan will be in class with their kids all the way through 12th grade...of wait, this is his class till graduation! Oh well. Two girl in his preschool class will be in his class. Could have been worse. They are strict, advising sleep schedules, proper handwriting, ect. Logan's new bedtime will be 7-730 as advised, no naps unless he falls asleep. We started last night, well I did. Corey was on talks again. Convective season is about to begin ya know! He is really excited about the idea of real school. He is so board in preschool. We began old world style handwriting tonight. It is very close to cursive. By this time next year 60% of the kids will be reading, 5% come in reading. One of the PS moms glared at me cause my kid does her does not, I will NOT feel guilty about that. At least her kid listens to me!
Today was awesome day outside. 72, light breeze, and didn't really smell like cow shit. Logan, Sully, and I took a just over 1.5 mile walk one mile. 1 mile was on the road, the rest was the walking path cut out of the field in the back of our homes. Sully picked up everything he could in his coat. And you think he would sit still as I tried to get out the stickers and such? Bad doggie! Took about 10 minutes with a fine toothed comb. My idea of a good time really.
I am getting some strawberries for a desert for Logan this evening. Good brain food. I am happy nighttime is coming soon. He's driving me insane, grouchy with the change in his schedule. "why do I have to go to bed and it is still light out Mom? It's so Lame!" Because I said so, that's why. At least Corey will be home tomorrow to see how charming he is being in the evenings right now. I thought the walk would get some energy out of him, silly me!
Some Useful Links for You to Get Started
3 years ago








3 witty replies:
Oh Krim! What a big step...I would hate going to bed too when it was light out still! 7:30 is early. My sister started putting her 4 & 5 year olds to bed around that time too...and usually one of them gets up and its a big hassle. So, your not alone...and they don't nap either - SO they are fussy!! Its hard to change schedules...
I didn't quite get why that mom was glaring at you?? Did you tell that kid something and he/she listened to you and not her??
Also, how is Logan with his reading?? I can't believe he is doing that writing already! My niece is way behind him....She starts kindergarten too!
Oh well. Life is full of changes and your a great mom Krim! Remember that...
Raya has been irritated with me making her go to bed that early forever now... lol
I wouldnt feel guilty either. It's her problem if shes jealous. Not yours.
Post a Comment