Help out Little Dude's School in one easy step!

America's Favorite School Contest - help your school win $20,000 - vote today!

Monday, November 16, 2009

Lemon Cake

So there was baking talk on twitter this morning, inner mixed with the usual suspected topics.  So, I decided to bust out a recipe that is easy and in this lemon lovers opinion, super yummy!  No this isn't my pic, because I don't have the fluted Pampered Chef Stone...yet!  But this will give you an idea of what it will look like.  This is a "heavy" cake, you will know what I mean as you pull it cooked out of the oven.  Enjoy!


Lemon Cake

Dissolve 1 regular box of lemon Jell-O in 1c boiling water. Cool.

1package of lemon cake mix
4eggs
3/4c oil

Glaze:
1/3c lemon juice (I use real lemons)
2c powdered sugar

Mix together. Add cooled Jell-O. Mix for 3 minutes. Pour into 9x13 cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until done. Remove pan from oven. Immediately poke holes in cake with fork. Pour glaze over cake Return to warm oven for 5 minutes.

7 witty replies:

Mel said...

whoo hoo! got it, wrote it down, now will bake up soon. hmmm, Pampered Chef Fluted Bundt pan, eh? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Im not a lemon fan but damn that looks yummy

calicobebop said...

Mmmm, I love lemon!! Sounds wonderful!

Mommy Elephant Sarah said...

I have actually made a different cake with that glaze before! Super easy and very yummy!!

tattytiara said...

Gasp I say, gasp! I have had the idea of lemon cake bouncing around in my head for weeks now, and I've never even had lemon cake! Want. Will make. Thanks for the recipe!

Tracie said...

Yummy! I love lemon goodies.

Anonymous said...

That looks so good.

Label Cloud

Rock On my friends, Rock On!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

I see you!