Help out Little Dude's School in one easy step!

America's Favorite School Contest - help your school win $20,000 - vote today!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Ticks Me Off Tuesday


I am calling Shenanigans on the Adams Central School District.  I understand our football team is red hot and their team ain't diddly-squat.  I know that every day our little demons cherubs are in school they are leaning important lessons on life like how to piss off others other than their parents.  For this reason alone I was shocked and appalled to read you went from a 1/2 day this Friday to giving the kids the full day off.


 Now you score big with the student body, but not with those who pay your wages.  I understand you don't want them either and are just making it an excuse are trying to teach all the kids to rally around their football team, starting the brainwashing as only Nebraska can do for football, impressive.  I cna't wait to see what I am going to have to do when now every week this month I have at least 3 day weekends with little dude.  You think only I am pissy about it.  Oh know, little dude feels the same way.  He is very hardcore when it comes to screwing around and annoying more than just me scholastic.   After 5 years every day with me, do you blame the kid.  I sure don't and feeling is mutual.  I love himn, he loves me.  But I think we both enjoy the space from each other.  So for taking another day off just because, AC school district you with the Tick Me Off Tuesday Award for me for the week.
  • Totally Tick Me Off Tuesday is the brain child of Mommy from the Midwest.  Check out her blog, and look for more people who participate in TTMOT!  This is her "award" to those who Tick us off weekly.  I posthumously award it this week to all of those who have ticked us off!

6 witty replies:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

That's insane! How much warning did ya'll get for this? I think it's unfair to change at the last minute, given how tough it can be for parents to rearrange for child care.

That would tick me off, too!

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That is totally NOT right!!!

Krimmyk said...

I was enlightened on this after school yesterday. It's crap!

Tracie said...

That happens in my town every time the team goes to states. They cancel one day for football. And THREE DAYS for basketball. I was appalled the first year I experienced this. And we were notified the day before.

calicobebop said...

Ok, wait a minute - a day off because of football? Are these people's heads screwed on straight? What about the extra money working people will have to pay for child care?

tattytiara said...

I'm ticked off that we don't get surprise days off work for things like that.

Label Cloud

Rock On my friends, Rock On!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

I see you!