Help out Little Dude's School in one easy step!

America's Favorite School Contest - help your school win $20,000 - vote today!

Saturday, November 7, 2009

So What Would You Do?

Color us lucky ducky.  So what would you do if you got a phone call and you were told you HAD to spend $1000 for Christmas?  No putting into savings, or spending it directly on little dude, just us.  The person(s) who gave this to us knows us too well!  For me it was quite simple.  Corey wanted a new recliner, one fit logically nowhere in the shatty layout.  So we need two recliners. To make this gel we have to put the couch to go upstairs where I am sporting lawn furniture.  Yep, you read right lawn furniture.  Since I am in denial that I am not in a cabin up north, I decided to delusionally live with them in the house with the layout from hell. 


I cannot fathom what the hell the builder was smoking thinking as he designed this 3 story disaster home.  This area is to be a dining room but it is the only place in the level you see other than the kitchen. IT logically doesn't make sense.  Oh and the weather man just HAD to have this house we unanimously agreed to buy this house this house for the acreage, and the school district.  The area I want the couch in has a buffet we are babysitting till further notice for my MIL, so that needs to go to the spare junk room we lovingly call the "guitar room."  Since that is where the weatherman keeps all his guitars, amps, and shat.  So what will go in the place of the buffet?  Well the 42inch TV from the family room of course!  We would wire it up to Dish and put the Wii up there.  So Little dude can play Wii and we can watch TV or vice verse (doesn't matter he has a 32inch plasma in his own damn room).  The chairs will come from NE Furniture Mart as that is where the Sofa and love seats came from.  It will match the other Ashley items we have with the faux suede dark green color. 

And the prices can't be beat @289 a pop and 55 total for shipping!  Score!  So now do we use the excess money for assistance on the $1600 for the downstairs?  Or a new mini-laptop computer?  I am guessing the mini laptop will come first and once the taxes are all done.  But who knows maybe the weather man will get into the spirit and pay for both. Financially we could do it flat out and easily, but fiscally we are cheap arses.  We are grateful for the pay the weather man gets for sure.  But, when we splurge we do it well, take for examples the Mother/Fathers day gifts last year.  Amazing how much access money you have when you are not buying a new vehical everytime the new car smell is gone!  You know like a new college edumcation for the lady of the house.

So what would you do, if you could only spend it on you, your hubby, BF, ect?  Remember not directly on the demons offspring, or any into savings.

9 witty replies:

tattytiara said...

Candy. Definitely candy.

Krimmyk said...

Chocolate candy or just candy? lol

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Wow, I don't know *what* I'd do, but your blog gave me a good excuse to fantacize on a Sunday morning...

{insert pause for thinking...}

Hmmm, ok, I've got it-- I would put it towards a trip! DH & I are in the middle of planning our 5-year anniversary getaway, and as it stands now, we're going to fly across the country and end up staying in a Hojo. I'd upgrade us to the Mandarin Oriental!

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

Michelle@DomesticationoftheSingleGirl said...

OoooOOOOooooh.

Awesome.

I am mentally spending $1000 RIGHT NOW. Well, I WAS. (It took less than 5 minutes. Damn.)

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Can you spend it on Sully?? Like Doggy Day Care??? Kidding....UM...Candy and trip both sounds good....I am not sure what to tell you.

calicobebop said...

Holy cow - I have no idea. We're pretty much set for "must haves." I suppose I could wish for nicer countertops and cabinets? Hope you enjoy the spending spree!

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

i would be pissed b/c i would only want to spend it on me! he ruins everything i get for him! if it were me, i'd buy lots of scrapbooking stuff, a new camera. a new laptop.

Anonymous said...

I really like the recliner. It looks very comfy.

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

btw, thanks for the award i just added it to my awards draft post!

Label Cloud

Rock On my friends, Rock On!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

I see you!