I at first was blaming Sully for somehow getting through the protective fence we put up and using them as squeak toys. Not taking into account that mother rabbits are whores by nature, and not good mothers. She killed those first 2 taking them out of the nest. Sully was then finding them. I swear he was even trying to mother them. He did toss one up in the air but he could have hurt them and didn't. Very early Monday morning we had a storm roll through with over 80MPH winds and hail. It was too much for the remaining babies. So to add to the loss the horrid mother tore the remaining babies to bittles. The weatherman went out to clean up what was left of them. I am beside myself, I kind of grew attacked to them. I had bribed the mother to come back and feed with leaving lettuce and some carrots out for her. I wish I hadn't, I should have taken them into our house and dropper fed them. I get the whole circle of life thing, I do. I even accept it, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. I would like to find said mother rabbit and the neighbors bee bee gun and use her arse as target practice. And don't even get me started on the Robin that thinks it needs to nest under the elevated deck. We thought we were home free when we left to go back to WI in late May. Sure enough, it was holding out for us to leave. Nest up and eggs in 4 days.
Luckily all 4 of her brood made it out of the nest that night. So a little corner of our yard was a zoo for a while.
Mother Nature really deserves this award this week.
So, your turn to post your gripe(s) below. It's time to let it all hang out here, I'm WAY cheaper than a shrink.














2 witty replies:
awww, poor babies! :(
Krim - I am just reading your blogs now and I know on facebook I told you how VERY VERY sorry I am. I truly am. Gees. I like this part of what you wrote and I think I am going to quote it. Maybe even put it on facebook.
"I get the whole circle of life thing, I do. I even accept it, but it doesn't mean I have to like it."
Love ya girlie.
Carrie
Post a Comment