Help out Little Dude's School in one easy step!

America's Favorite School Contest - help your school win $20,000 - vote today!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

A first hand reason NEVER to drink and drive

Tonight we witnessed first hand a drunk driver. Let me back track a bit first...
I am against putting Logan on the side of my Rav 4 in the back. I have ALWAYS been forceful in the opinion that he has to be in the middle. I caved on the side driver seat for Logan in the truck. Tonight as we were driving the truck. Out the corner of my eye I see odd movement we are at the corner of 12th and Burlington stopped at the spot light. Logan was singing "Compliment " in the back so for that spit second I turned my head back to him all of a sudden I hear metal on concrete. I look over and the odd movement was the truck up on the sidewalk, totally on the sidewalk. There was a car in front of the truck and he eeked by him on the side taking with him the dudes side mirror. We saw he was drunk as a skunk and he KEPT going! The odd movement was he had swerved in and would have otherwise hit us, IF he hadn't for some reason swerved into the sidewalk. I didn't catch the tag number, but had a description. I hope like hell someone called about this. I didn't have my phone on me. Logan was so scared when he saw the other car about get plowed into. Moral of this story is DON'T DRINK and DRIVE, even if you think you are sober enough, you are likely not.

1 witty replies:

♥Lisa♥ @ FinalScore:Boys3Girls2 said...

that is so scary!
we were hit by a drunk driver aug of 98 (sunday afternoon) we only had thomas at the time and my corner took most of the impact (front passenger) and thomas was rear drivers side (Ford F350 crewcab) thomas didnt even know we were in an accident thankfully. I still have problems with my neck. somedays it pisses me off. She (yes, she) had her 3 young unrestrained girls in the back. She was arrested and the person that came to pickup the kids got arrested for being drunk so CPS took the kids.
i'll never understand why people do it.

Label Cloud

Rock On my friends, Rock On!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

I see you!