See Pics from the show on Logan's blog!
Logan King, 4, tries on his scarecrow hat made out of a placemat during the Hastings Junior Community Theater's kids camp Wednesday.
Kids off to see 'Wizard' at theater camp
Shay Burk
sburk@hastingstribune.com
Straw place mat hats, stuffed dogs and tennis shoes covered in red glitter were just a few of the props used in a special production Friday of “The Wizard of Oz” at the Hastings Community Theatre.
Forty-five children in preschool through second grade participated in a special theater camp throughout this week as part of programming for the Hastings Junior Community Theatre.
“The kids are making the set, making their little costumes and then, of course, we have to have one section for games and snacks, the most important part,” aid Dana Fanning, the camp’s instructor.
The children at the camp were too young to audition for the theatre’s full-length production of the play. With this group, Fanning decided to just focus on a few of the musical numbers, instead of performing the entire play.
The children performed Friday for friends and family at the Theatre. A majority of the children in the production were girls so they performed the ever-popular “Somewhere Over the Rainbow.”
The performance wouldn’t be complete without Dorothy’s dog, Toto. So each of the girls dressed in aprons and carried baskets with a stuffed dog they brought from home.
“I named it Lady,” Amaya Dinslage, 8, said of her dog. “She has Lady’s ears. That’s how she got the name.”









3 witty replies:
That is awesome!! I was in the wizard of the oz as a kid, but I got a horrible part. I can't remember what they called us, but I had to run around in a scene with streamers. Lame. Hahaha. Logan is SO cute!
awww, do we get to see post make up pics???
This brought tears to my eyes. I am so glad he is getting involved in Theater like we were at one time. How sweet he looks!
Post a Comment