Help out Little Dude's School in one easy step!

America's Favorite School Contest - help your school win $20,000 - vote today!

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Butter Toffee

I acquired this recipe from my friend Marla.  I of course tweaked it to make it more Krimsin. This time I am making the candy for a bake sale at Little Dude's school so, I made it thinner so there would be more. 

Butter Toffee

1lb of butter (I use salted butter)*
2cups of sugar
1 to 2 large Hershey bars** 


In a Heavy Skillet, melt butter, add sugar, cook over Medium heat till hard-crack (297degrees).
Pour into greased cookie sheet.  Spread thin.  When cooled, spread melted sugar over the top.

 *and I am going to see it truly you need that much to cook as I always am removing the access from the top at the end.)
**The 1st time I used one and a half this time you will see I used 1 bag of mint chocolate chips as well as the other 1/2 of the candy bar.

Here is a play by play of sorts of how it all went down:

Just before Soft-Ball stage on the thermometer


At the Hard-Ball stage


Soft-Crack stage


And of course what I was waiting for the Hard-Crack stage.  Note it is browner then when you started out.  Time to spread it out!


I spread it out this time on a large cookie sheet (last time I used a medium sized sheet for thicker pieces)
 
So this is 1/2 a large Hershey bar (Milk Chocolate) and 1 bag of Nestle Mint chocolate chips.  They are in my Pampered Chef Mini Micro-cooker.  I cooked them after the toffee was cooled for a total of 2 minutes and 30 seconds, stirring 1/2 way through.

So here they are all drenched in chocolaty yumminess!
Enjoy! 

2 witty replies:

Tracie said...

That looks really good. And not too hard to make, either.

Krimmyk said...

If it wasn't easy, I wouldn't even dare attempt it when Little Dude is home. Of course, I prefer the idiot-proof cooking myself.

Label Cloud

Rock On my friends, Rock On!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

I see you!