Another installment of why we will never be Parents of the Year. This one happened last night about midnight. The weatherman was coming home from work and looks through the pile of mail. The special sized guitar picks were there. I told him to look at the envelope because it HAD to be a chick who wrote our address. The penmanship was had big old circles on top of all the i's in my name. It was just cutie. I thought he would find it cute too. What does he say, "What does 'tats units' mean. Is that come kind of weird code"
WTH is he talking about? I think about it for a minute, really gears are a grinding. A mental light bulb goes off, and I burst out laughing. The package came from Canada. It was French, a language I can speak, the weatherman cannot! États-Unis. Here honey this is for you:
Lets be honest, if your hubs set himself up for and you don't
over milk the mess up you are a bad wife. Bad! We laughed all over about it for 5 minutes and then went on talking about little dude. He was super that day, but pulled an OCD on me. I stared down, readers here know I'm married to something that amounts to Monk. Any-fo-zizzle, I said Little Dude defiantly has your asshole personality. Weatherman interjected, "He does bring my personality to a whole new level." He is proud of this. Weatherman's mother blames all his issues on his dad. Umm no, her theory is she "watered him down with her personality" Ri--gh--t. She is the the consummate worrier, not my FIL.
This convro quickly went down hill
sometimes in the gutter. Not in a fight way
though a brall would have been fun. Weatherman took a lame attempt at saying my crisis management was poor. I stopped looked at him and began laughing my arse off again. I looked at him and replied, "My crisis management is lacking huh? Um, Elko need I say more?" Nope I didn't. Yeah I will always have Elko as my ace in the hole, and I'm not afraid to use it. We went on with playful banter till I was making the kool aid and laughing so hard I had to put it down before I dropped it. I got a "See your not managing the kool aid very well" from the weatherman in between his laughs. I followed by, "How about I manage this upside your head."
By this time we are both laughing so hard we have tears.
So to win it he states he wishes I had the social graces he did. That could be true to a point. I tend to be too honest. Cocked my head to look at him. He yells, "Tates Units baby!" We laughed all the way up stairs with out kool aid and popcorn and watched Criminal Minds. From time to time referring to tates unites and manage the kool aid picture upside your head.
Most of you are reading this and thinking we are huge dorks. You may not be too far off.
********************************************************************************** My next installment will be why I will never again encourage the weatherman to go to the eye doctor ever, never, ever again!
1 witty replies:
I DID take french and i may have made the exact same statement as the WM. but that's just b/c my children have killed my will to live, breathe, or think
Post a Comment