A few of you have asked the story of the car accident. Here is the story and my take on it. Read it all to the end before you judge:
Jim left before 6AM to go to work at the feedlot as he had for the last 29 years. Kissing his wife goodbye. The roads are a nightmare, worst in decades, and that was saying something considering how crappy this winter alone has been. He drove on to HWY 6, before the turn to get to work a mini van with a husband and wife was out of control hit him. There was no avoiding the van, they collided Jim's truck flipped.
At the same time the ambulances were screaming down the road Little Dude was letting Sully in from outside. He looked at me and I did the little prayer I do every time I hear a ambulance, "Dear God, don't let it be anyone I know, and don't let it be anything major." Sadly, my prayer wasn't fast enough, all three DOA of the medics.
I knew nothing of it, but the local news talked of avoiding the accident on HWY 6. I saw some bad wreaks just on the way to drop off Little Dude at school. Cars in ditches, some flipped on to their sides. Again I was oblivious as to what had happened. Till the end of Little Dudes school day. Little Dude came out first in the class, no other friends at his side or with him everywhere, but there was his teacher. I looked at the weatherman wondering what he did. Lynn looked like she had been raked over the coals. "Have you heard what happened to Judy?" I shook my head, hoping she meant she won the lotto the night before or something like that. "It's Jim, he was in an accident this morning. The accident." Weatherman was kind of listening and not looking at her "that is too bad" walking away with little dude.
She was looking wet in the eyes I pressed, "Is he alright?" she shook her head. I automatically had that burn in my eyes and that pain in the heart you feel when ever you witness news like that. Now you wonder why she would tell me of all the parents. Well, we talk almost daily. Oh and her husband is
We went scanning for info on the car accident. It was a husband and wife as I stated above. No family in the area, no family in the country. So now there are children with no family anywhere around here and are wards of the state of Nebraska. Sure that annoys me, not planning for worst case serious. They had to be young enough to think nothing could ever happen, and didn't plan if something were to happen to both of them.
Want to know the thing that pisses me off more and more about this situation it could have been avoided. Totally. Yeah the van may have still hit Jim's truck BUT what could have saved all three peoples lives? Simple. Seat belts. Not one of them was wearing them. It doesn't guarantee a get out of death free card, but it could levy ones chances on survival.
Come Sunday night an Aunt on my mother's side is rushed to the hospital unresponsive, and hooked on to a respirator. She finally regained consciousness last night and the dysfunction ensued. And can if all goes well be moved out of ICU by the end of the weekend if she continues to get better. The sisters began fighting almost immediatly. My mother announced to the entire ICU unit that if she ever graces this place as a patient none of there "crazy bastards" pointing at each sister and my grandmother are not allowed up there. It's shat like that that really does make me glad that I wasn't A: there, B: living anywhere close.
I'm not close to anyone on that side of the family, and the fact if you look up unhealthy in a dictionary and see her pic makes it a mess to deal with. B is over 400lbs, doesn't care, lung issues, kidney issues, COPD, and congestive heart failure. CHF is a slow process for her, it's been about 2 years since that was diagnosed. She will sadly be back in there, likely soon. I know I will be summoned back home, then the question becomes do I go?
So this past week you get a belated TMOT. And you can bite me.








2 witty replies:
Sorry you had such a rough week.
OMG! Horrible, horrible....I am so very sorry to hear about your tragic news....it puts the cyer-bullies into perspective -- not that that's not a true pain in the ass and totally not acceptable....
Here's a ((HUG)) and a prayer that life gets easier.......
Post a Comment