This weeks Tick Me Off Tuesday is brought to you by my good friend over in Germany, Christina. Yes my friends I am infamous even overseas! Christina and I met through the band Collective Soul on a failed live streaming concert chat room/message board thingy. She is actually the first CS friend of mine. Thanks again Dean for all the wonderful people I have met because of the band except for the douche sycophant stalkers. Any who, since I am once again drowning in class work, I supplicated for help and was blessed again for someone to step up.
With out further a due, Christina's TMOT:
********************************************************
There was really just one person who actually ticked me off (or more likely made me furious) last week.
who probably won his approbation in the lottery!!!!
I´ve been diagnosed with an autoimmune thyroid disease a couple of months ago. Ever since that day I had to fight. First to actually get a diagnosis and not just a prescription without further info,then to get the right dosage of meds. It´s a constant struggle to get my blood levels under control and to do so I have to take thyroid hormone replacement pills for the rest of my life. 

Last week was blood test time again. I went to see my doctor when the results where in.
That´s when the insanity started. My thyroid is about the size of a newborn ones and I do have a high number of antibodies in my blood.
Even with all those facts on my side my doctor dared to tell me that my symptoms were not from my thyroid.
Instead he insisted that I have a severe depression and wanted me to see a shrink and start me on tranquilizers. 

SERIOUSLY???????
His reaction was sooooo typical. From the first day he kept interpreting my blood test with average ranges from 1998. They have been adjusted several times until today.
I just didn´t want to take it anymore. He has been ignoring my questions and symptoms since day one and that new “diagnosis” was just too much for me.
I flipped.
I admit that it was not the smartest thing I´ve ever done,but I just had to scream and yell at him.I couldn´t help it.

I´ve been suffering for months.Napping like a four year old,not being able to write just one sentence that actually makes sense,loosing my train of thought when speaking in class. Actually that train derails regularly and the usual casualties are my pride and dignity.
I got used to all that over time,but telling me that I was just imagining those symptoms because I have a depression was just unbelievable.
As many of you know I just got out of a seven year relationship a few months ago.
I have to admit that I was devastated at first,but that feeling just last for about two weeks.
I have never been happier in my entire life! The end of that relationship turned out to be good thing for me. I truly mean that. 

So,after yelling at my doctor for about two minutes I asked him how the hell he got that “diagnosis” without even talking to me first.
His answer was so disrespectful I just wanted to hit him right in his (huge rant, lots of curse words) face. 
“All women who are single are usually depressed.Thats just the way it is”
I rest my case!
*******************************************************
Doc: (as a child) Mummy, Daddy, I don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
Mummy: Anything you want darling...
REALLY?
I think said doc is lucky you didn't go all crazy white girl on him. Too bad you cannot get a different doctor. Hurry up get out of school and get your arse state-side girl. Thanks for the guest post!












2 witty replies:
Holy crap Batman! Why would a licensed MD use normal range comparisons from 1998? WTF? Granted, I don't know how the medical system in Germany works, but one would think that they aren't 12 years behind the rest of the world. So, after going all bonkers on the MD, did he change is diagnosis? Did he offer to retest? What is his solution? I agree with Krimsin, hurry up and get back state side ASAP! So sorry that you had to experience incompetence - no one deserves that, well, hmmmm, I take that back - let me just say that YOU along with a few of my closest friends (& your closest friends & Krimsin's closest friends), don't deserve experiencing incompetence. The rest of the world gets what they deserve.
Omg! Im pretty sure I heard you bitch slap him from here.
I hope your levels get to where they need to be.
Post a Comment