Help out Little Dude's School in one easy step!

America's Favorite School Contest - help your school win $20,000 - vote today!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ticks Me Off Tuesday

Buying a new car?  Sure, because I want to do the fridge incident on a whole new freaking level!
Being the sadist I am I fell in love with 2 Mariners, chrome everywhere prrrr.  Any fo-zizzle.  The weatherman saw an '07 on the lot in Grand Island, it was green, and a hybrid.  Hrm, Krimmyk loves her Rav4-V6.  Just a bit pissy with the whole recall thing, not MY year, my recall was supposedly minor.  It would be a first for us, a used car.  We pulled up the carfax report on the Green Mariner, one owner, all that jazz, it was a fleet car, yadda yadda. 
Board yet?  Trust me it gets fun.  Last week I began calling about said car.  "Dude" we met out on the lot was on vaca, I don't like to leave my name or have people call me.  Now, I have no problem giving my business to those who are actually busting their humps, I don't get vaca's ever, so pardon my bitchiness.    Weatherman insisted on waiting for "Dude."  I kept calling last week, differing accents yeah you read that right, fake names asking differing people about it.
I was told it was on the lot on Friday morning.  Saturday we drove the 45 minutes up to see it, sure as hell it was not there!  I called while in the neighboring parking lot and they said it was never there, but in Lincoln!  So your telling me the guy I was lying to, was lying to me.  Son of a...
I waited and called again yesterday told I could get some info, guy never called me back.  Called stalked via the phone and asked for "Dude" as he was to be back today, he wasn't in by the third call and 2PM.  He decided to not come in today.  Must be freaking nice, I guess he makes sooo much cash working at a car lot.  Damn between used cars and night Walmart stocker, I married WAY wrong!  Am I right ladies?  Sorry inside joke. 
I talked to a "manager" who would "get back to me in a couple minutes" with info.  Zip, zero, zilch. So on to give them the finger and look at the brand new hybrid on a competitors lot.
On to Frontier's lot...I walked up this afternoon, said listen I want #'s .  He messed around.  I wasn't thrilled but said call me with the info.  He called about 2 hours later and said, "Uhhh sorry but they want to look at the car."  Dear asshat, the car WAS there, they didn't want to take the time to look AT IT!  I did redrive out and I went thru hoops and they said 15 K .  Not before insulting the hell out of me.  Lets see, first off if you are like over a foot taller than someone, you shouldn't hover over them.  I mean dude was standing all tall over me like he was Ryan Buell or something...quick back story I stand firmly with the whoforted folks Ryan is kind of a douche bag!
Next just because I am an at home mother, and student doesn't mean I'm not busy as all get out.  "Oh I figured you had a real job, you seem like you are always busy."  I shat you not he said it, and I let him live.  It took every ounce of gumption I had.  It would have been one of those kill them with your bear hands ones too.  You don't say that to any mother! 
So me being the vindictive beyotch high road person I am I countered with, "Well at least I am bettering the world by being there for my kid whenever he needs me.  It's not like you dreamed of selling cars in Hasting NE when you grew up."  Yep, I went there.  It became a pissing contest chat on betterment of life, making it on your own and personal success.  Then he says, "I don't tell many people this, so why tell me my brother is on the starting line for the Saints."
K so I didn't like you to begin with AND your brother is a member of the organization that paid my old place of residency to cover up a team rape of a woman in the '90?  I wouldn't give a crap who your "famous" brother is, I rooted for the Colts.
Honestly.  It was uncomfortable, I am spoilded at my dealership.  I tell them what I want, how much and what I would like ball park for my vehicle.  The owner sends us handwritten cards and has even come out from Mt. High office to say hi knowing I was in getting the oil changed one day.  No games, gimmie the numbers and make both our lives easier.  i left told I would call in the AM, I will to tell him to lose my number. 
If I am going to drop 15K on a new car, I think I don't want the run around from one dealership, and insulting from another.  I did see this commercial this evening, maybe I'm just emotional, or maybe its the sock monkey, but it has promise. Naw, right now I will keep my Rav 4.  But right now Both Anderson and Frontier Ford you get my Ticks Me Off Tuesday award for the week.  I'm not giving up, I am itching for a new ride, when it's right, we will pounce.
So, your turn to post your gripe(s) below. It's time to let it all hang out here, I'm WAY cheaper than a shrink.

6 witty replies:

♥Lisa♥ @ FinalScore:Boys3Girls2 said...

omg, I love that commercial and I dont even know why!
I love what you said back to him!! hehehe!
Maybe his bro can hook him up with a skeeze job.

Christina said...

Girl,you have to remind me NEVER to read your TMOT in a public place again.
I was laughing and everyone at a certain coffee shop stared at me like I´m some kind of freak.
And no,I didn´t laugh about you,but the way you described that "Dude" was simply hilarious.
I still don´t understand how you can be so mean to someone who´s brother is in the starting line for the Saints though."Dude" deserves some respect ;-)

And,by the way,I´m sooooo trying out that stress kit...

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

I knew exactly what I was going to comment on, and then I saw "867-5309"... and now I can't stop singing that song!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Unknown said...

Thanks for leaving "jenny, jenny, who can I turn to?" in my already CROWDED HEAD for the day! I wish I had a jenny, jenny to assist me with all of the crap I have to have done for teachers by tomorow!And, yet, I am reading Ticks Me Off Tuesday when I should be working on teacher contracts for the upcoming school year. So, yes, I am WASTING TIME - it's what I do best when I don't want to do the task at hand.
So, good luck with the car search - when the right one comes along, it will come with the right salesperson too - not some jackass!
Off to work now, for real =)

Anonymous said...

I cant beleive you went there;) You have more nerve than me.

Anonymous said...

BTW--Its a bit wierd that when you commented about him he brought up his brother. What a weirdo

I hope you dont buy from them. I know you can hold your own....but, why would you want to give that douche bag money? I dont care how nice the car is.

Sorry, if Im not making sense Im super tired

Label Cloud

Rock On my friends, Rock On!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

I see you!