Help out Little Dude's School in one easy step!

America's Favorite School Contest - help your school win $20,000 - vote today!

Sunday, December 21, 2008

So I caved...a heart-felt thank you

I said I was not going to let Logan open any gifts before Christmas eve. The room under the tree is nil so when Kristi's gift arrived the other day, I thought well she said she wasn't wrapping them...she did! I loved the Stars book, it's beautiful! The cars have been accepted into the Hot Wheels gang, and I don't think the cup of book will make it to a road trip!

Then Alisha's arrived, Corey had to have smelled the goodies in there and opened the box! He was eating away blissfully, stops as I am trying to get out what we would soon find to be a beautiful pop up book. "Are these safe to eat? There's not like poison or horse laxative in them is there?" I assured him there was no poison but couldn't rule out a night on the pot for him. <---I couldn't resist saying it just to get a rise out of him! Logan got to open his gifts later last night, we looked through the book for about an hour, again the illustrations were beautiful. And I think this was his first pop-up book. He thought it was so cool and calls it his "field guide" like from The Chronicles of Spiderwick! He again looked through it tonight before bed so he could remember the difference between a tree faerie and a marsh one! The Gingerbread guys will be a fixture for years to come, and I will be hard pressed to have him part with the snow globe that is sitting on his night stand (replacing a Wall-e toy).

Those whom we exchange with for Christmas and birthday's, I know you know we expect nothing in return but your friendship. Your generosity, and care in choosing everything (including putting up with my ramblings) cannot be expressed in words how much you all mean to our family. Me especially. You girls are my sanity when I feel I am losing it, my hope when I feel its lost, my strength when I feel weak, and most of all an outside reminder that God has blessed me with some uniquely wonderful people through their children. In no order, Lisa, Angelique, Kristi, and Alisha we all were due the same month our kids brought us together. Though I met Kristi at the pool, but with kiddos in tow, we hit it off! I am getting to know Tina and you are a hoot. To those who are not named you are no less important, but these girls are my support system and sounding boards. I know you others will understand...

Thank you all for being my friend and sharing your lives with my family! God Bless you all!!!!!

2 witty replies:

Kristi said...

We know we are awesome!!! But, thanks for reminding us:D

My kids are still fighting over the accordian you sent. But, Brett won't let anyone near the glove. Its his!

I can't think of anything sweet to say b/c Im "a horrible human being". But, you are awesome too.

I Am The Mom said...

You're so sweet Krim!! big hugs!!!!!! love yah girl!

So glad that Logan liked the present! I was concerned he already had the book!! :)

Big hugs to you all, and Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!

Label Cloud

Rock On my friends, Rock On!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

I see you!