Help out Little Dude's School in one easy step!

America's Favorite School Contest - help your school win $20,000 - vote today!

Sunday, May 17, 2009

I'll Be Home -Forest Sequence

I'll Be Home -Forest Sequence

Running to the Jeep with Bastian in tow I looked left than right scanning for any signs of a booby trap. This was far too easy I thought as I jumped in and closed the door, key’s still in the ignition. My eyes met Bastian’s in a silent prayer. Never losing the contact, I turned the key.
“No boom.” He said through his breath.
“Yea, it’s kind of strange for Dathian to let us off this easy.” I kicked the Jeep into reverse, the gears working hard as I navigated it backward through the narrow path back to the road. I kept my attention to the rear; Bastian looked to the sides and in front for any pending dangers. The flash of movement was so quick that me peripheral barely picked it up. Slamming on the breaks I was awarded with a hollow thud.
Cursing a red streak we got out of the car as fast as we could and still be cautious. Lying next to the bumper was Vince from the bar, he appeared to be dead. Though I was shaking so badly from everything, I could have missed a faint pulse looking back on it now. “This is going to sound harsh, but help me move him off to the side of the path. A sweeper team will come get his body. If we get pulled over with him in the back by the local police, it will be chaos. We have to get to the safe house.” We both took a part of him and gently lifted him to the side of the road. He stunk of booze, it was soaked in his shirt, a bottle lay crushed against my bumper.
“The rental car company isn’t going to like the fact there is a huge dent in the back. I doubt you get your deposit back,” Bastian quipped. I really was trying hard not to like the guy, but seeing as he was a civilian and was still together enough to tell a joke to lighten the mood after all he had seen since I stumbled back into his live, I was impressed. Not to mention the fact I still thought he was still after all these years smoking hot.
Shaking aside the hormones, I continued maneuvering along the Jeep to one of what seemed like one of the only paved roads in this awful place. I turned toward the way I thought was the safe house when the Jeep sputtered and died. “He had to have done something to the car, only letting us get so far is a deviant psychological game. Right up his alley. It’s all a sick, twisted game to him. I cannot let him get away, even sending him back to The Program; I have to get rid of him.”
“Like kill him, dead? Man, you’ve changed since our school days.” Bastian gulped.
“Yea, it has to be done; he’s far too dangerous to live. No, I am not, now I am just properly trained.” I was trying to not look too defeated as I barked out “I knew it was too good to be true, keep your eyes out for anything and let’s head to that airplane hangar.” We took off out of the car and raced into the dilapidated hanger. Breathing heavily, I looked around. There were plane tracks from more than one small plane. One plane was gone, one still here. I was hoping the family that owned this place was in that other plane somewhere far, far away from this hell. Somehow I doubted it.
“I can’t fly this thing, can you?”
Bastian gave me a slight smile and nodded. He did a fast once over on the crop duster and told me to get in. Man was impressive, and seemingly smarter then he initially let on since he came to my rescue in the bar, and definitely lass daft than he was back in high school.
Now the job was mine to look out everywhere but the way the plane was moving. I heard another in the air but thought nothing of it other than another crop duster. Turning the plane onto the paved road, we realized that is why it was paved so nicely. It acted as a road and a landing strip. We passed the car gaining speed. I had a visual on the other duster, it was landing. I was in panic, waving for them to turn around. They were coming in faster than we were gaining speed. A single person coming in so fast, I instinctively ducked, Bastian pulled the break and ducked also. The wheels of the second duster clipped the top wings, flipping him and us.
Sparks and fire, and the screech of steel on the concrete, I remember Bastian yelling for me to un-strap and dive out. I baled as he did within a second both crop dusters were in flames. The other pilot not as fortunate he burned. I was sure he was another victim of Dathian’s mind control.
We ran to the massive plantation house that for sure was the owners of the hangars home. I sensed we were heading into more of a trap than anything else in the night thus far. As I said before, I am rarely wrong; Dathian and an unexpected friend was there waiting for us. More sick fun for the psychopath at our expense.
“Do you hear a baby crying?” We both looked toward the house in disbelief. Hostages, now that is not Dathian’s style.

2 witty replies:

Anonymous said...

WOW!

I Am The Mom said...

such a good writer :)

Label Cloud

Rock On my friends, Rock On!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

I see you!