Help out Little Dude's School in one easy step!

America's Favorite School Contest - help your school win $20,000 - vote today!

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Starting off Mother's Day with a bang!

@ 11 last night I decided to retire and call it a day. Of course I laid in bed listen to Corey do his weird snoring thing, and it was enough for me to want to hit him with a pillow (or cinder block) I resisted, be proud! I felt like I had drank about 20 espressos, my whole body was buzzing. Great, whats coming next was all I could think. Sully started off the festivities by whining from his crate. I finally broke down and put him in his travel crate in the laundry room. Lay back down only to wish myself a Happy Mother's day plus 8 minutes it took to catch the little shit in the dark. He is fast and dark colored cut a girl some slack. I also had no eye drops in my eyes. So still buzzin, I know there is something more to come. At the dawn of the new day, I hear 2 pops, I morbidly think the neighbors shot eachother, after the issues going on there, I wouldn't doubt it! Tossed and turn till about 12:20 then it comes. Logan screaming in agony. I toss on my robe since Corey is still (selectively I'm sure) dead to the world. Logan's left quad was a rock, memories of when this happened to me in my youth came flooding back. I went through the pain alone. My mother never did anything for the pain, nor do I think she even cared or understood the magnitude of the pain. I gave him a hug, ran and grabbed some Tylenol, water, and an ice pack. Icy to dull the pain (hot to soothe it away...thanks Icy hot commercial) You do what you can with an exhausted brain to remember basic first aid for muscles. That one popped into my head! I stayed in there with him till he went back to bed sometime past 1:30. Walking back into our room I smelled what smelled like an outhouse. Turning to what I knew was the source, the sink in the master suite, I got out the enzymes we dump down to counter act the good ones in the septic that are killed by the mouthwash. The plumbing in this house is so jacked up, but refer to the builder I guess. I fall asleep finally at 2 ish buzz subsided. 4:30 Logan announces he has to pee, and use our bathroom, not his own. Grrr. Corey is up @6 and Sully is refusing to come in for him. Lying in the grass at the bottom of the fence sure enough ignoring all Corey's calls. I go get him, Logan is up (too early in my opinion!). I feed him, send him off to play, yell for Sully (who comes cause no one doesn't listen to me in this house), and collapse back into bed. Logan coming in every 20 minutes to see if I am asleep. This happens, or something like it every year. I don't know why I expected anything different this year.

Hope all your Mother's Days are a bit more, well to your expectations! I am however looking forward to the Valentino's thin crust w/ mushrooms for lunch-dinner!

4 witty replies:

I Am The Mom said...

awwwww hugs girl...

It does seem like on the day when you'd think you should catch a break... more shit happens...

don't you just loveeeeeeeee that???

My mother's day... already ruined... what's new?

hugs, been missing you so much girl!!!

♥Lisa♥ @ FinalScore:Boys3Girls2 said...

Happy Mothers Day!! Seems like you got all you mother duties squeezed in through the night. Sleep is over rated anyway. :P

Kristi said...

Happy Mothers Day Krimsin. I left a comment back to you on my Mothers Day post. BTW-- Sully knows whos boss at your house;)

Anonymous said...

Krim - When you say you saw something in the dark - Is it what I think you were refering too??

I can't believe how good of a wife and mother you are...Holy cow - Corey and Logan would fall apart if you weren't there and sully would just die off...

I hope you ended up with a good mothers day. I did watch that video of Logan. You guys are funny. I can't wait to see you this year!! YEAH!!! October 17th weekend work for you?? I gotta plan it way ahead of time....

HUGS to you. Your a great mom Krim. One of the best I know!

Label Cloud

Rock On my friends, Rock On!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

I see you!