Help out Little Dude's School in one easy step!

America's Favorite School Contest - help your school win $20,000 - vote today!

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Lake Front Property...REALLY?

This is what about 4 inches of rain in a couple hours look like in nowhere Nebraska. There however is a creek way back in our property, separating us from Hastings. We took back part of the property last summer (by hand) and converted it from alfalfa/Sour Dock weeds to smaller grass-like looking weeds with the occasional blade of grass. I planted 4 trees fairly far back on e property. Well as of the rain this morning the empty creek of yesterday now looks like this:

I woke to this one. See those big trees, yea that is where this "little creek" usually trickles.

A bit later in the morning. Looking to the North and to the neighbors.

I glanced out and noticed the female harem of wild turkeys out in our back yard(I took those pics with digital camera all the rest are from Blackberry).

Yet later still and you can see the wild turkeys out there have moved North to the neighbors.

12:30CST now surged again and into the fence line. Here is the only tree not under water we got from my adopted dad when we were in LaCrosse a couple weeks ago. Oh look, here comes the water...For those who didn't know the run off from the creek is from a feedlot about 5 miles up the road. It houses about 50k head of cattle. The creek is lovingly known around the area as "shit creek." Do the math.

Hope all of your Wednesday's don't stink like mine has so far!

11 witty replies:

Laura Marchant said...

Oh no!!!

Mommy Elephant Sarah said...

Oh no indeed! I was thinking, grab a raft until I read shit creek!!!

Krimmyk said...

Some of the neighbors pull out their ATV and rafts anyways. Yea, me not so much!

Kristi said...

Aww man!! That sucks:(

Anonymous said...

OH wow Krim - Keep me updated....I have so much to tell you.

♥Lisa♥ @ FinalScore:Boys3Girls2 said...

ewwwwwwwwwwwww they go in the water!!!!!!!!! gross

Tina said...

Shitty water.. yuck! Glad it didn't go in the house..

calicobebop said...

Holy COW! I hope the water (and the smell) go down soon!

Lisa Anne said...

OMG that SUCKS. I hope you all have flood insurance. I can't wait for the rain here in California. I'm tired of the 100 degree plus weather! I hope you and your family and your home are well!!

Krimmyk said...

We live on a hill. Our fence spans like 250ft down from the house. So IF water does get to the house I think Nebraska itself would be under water! The area down there IS a flood prone area, but further up Shit Creek they were to have made it so the corn field seen behind our house doesn't plug it up. And since than it has not, but it still can't handle 4.01inched in about that many hours. Go fig.

I Am The Mom said...

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Label Cloud

Rock On my friends, Rock On!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

I see you!