Help out Little Dude's School in one easy step!

America's Favorite School Contest - help your school win $20,000 - vote today!

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Ticks Me Off Tuesday

I have been looking forward to the drop of Collective Soul's new self titled cd since they started floating around hints. They listed today as the release, setting out 2 titles for pre-release. Staring Down and Welcome all My Friends. Both great, making us fans salivate for more. So, I knew the pre order thing slapped me in the face when I "pre ordered" Afterwords and it arrived about a month afterward. Yea, Amazon was on my shit list something major for a while after that. There was nothing I could do though, Hastings just doesn't show love for Collective Soul.

Fast forward 2 years and another anticipated drop of Cd. I went to one of the 2 stores in town, Walmart yesterday. "Ummm, we might get it, find out tomorrow." I looked and there was a blank place for Cds and I held out hope. Dropped Logan off at school and drove into town to go see. Nothing, that blank spot went to refilling the MJ Cds. I have had it up to here with him!!!! Damn it. Between that and the fact they don't have my Total Cinnamon Crunch right now, you are on my shit list.

Off to Kmart (Target is nonexistent here), same pathetic story with a new twist. "We are going to likely stop selling cds in the next year here." Lovely, you never have what I want, I don't know why I even try going to your store. Leaving me one place to turn again. Amazon.

Amazon redeemed itself to me with the Kindle 2 a while back. And get mega kudos for having the deluxe edition of the new Collective Soul cd! I shall listen to them as I study again this year (if my classes ever get loaded). I swear listening to them was the only reason I even passed anatomy/physiology in the first place! Listen while I study and than while I tested played same songs.

So my Ticks Me off Tuesday goes to Hastings, NE, Walmart, and Kmart. You all ticked me off before 9am! Screw you I got the Cd and the deluxe edition at that, so HA!!! I still have a full day to find other things to piss me off too!

7 witty replies:

Lisa Anne said...

No target. Target use to be my "Go To" store till i moved near walmart. I don't think I could live without either store. There are 2 Walmarts and 2 Targets all within 5 miles of my house. How do you live without Target? You should start a petition.

Michelle@DomesticationoftheSingleGirl said...

Walmart is on my shit-list, too.

I can't remember what it was, but they were out of something last week and it really pissed me off.

Walmart is 12 miles away from me. Target is about 30 and Kmart is way far. So I feel ya.

And yeah, the MJ stuff needs to STOP.

*visiting from SITS*

Laura Marchant said...

Oh my goodness I think the thing that would tick me off the most is that there isn't a Target by you! I don't know if I could live without one, lol Also I can't believe cd's are becoming extinct and they are going to stop selling them.
Thanks for joining in!

Krimmyk said...

No Target and most of the time smells like the feedlots surround it. Do the math. I want so badly to go back to Wisconsin.

There was a fight to get the Super Walmart stopped here about 5 years ago. Here there is old town money (translation head up their asses) and lack of progressive thinking fighting the BIG BOX stores. Making those of us who moved from bigger places fell like we are waiting for the banjo's to start or something....

Target doesn't even look down its nose at us. There is a Target about an house and fifteen minutes drive from here, but again small and Lacking.

Jill said...

Kmart is going to likely stop selling cd's?? that is just inviting bootlegging!

Megan said...

sheesh, been there done that and got that freaking t-shirt! I hate the anticipation, it makes me ill!

Mommy Elephant Sarah said...

My husband use to work in the music biz, and people pretty much buy their CDs online or steal them online, so I'm not surprised that Kmart isn't going to sell them anymore. There isn't any money in it anymore.

Label Cloud

Rock On my friends, Rock On!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

I see you!