Help out Little Dude's School in one easy step!

America's Favorite School Contest - help your school win $20,000 - vote today!

Monday, January 26, 2009

Logan and his distended colan

Really it was the night from hell all over again. This time instead of playing out at home I called the BCBS nurses line and brought him in to the ER. There they took blood, X-rays plus gave my kid a rectal exam. I was fit to be tied! Logan's Colan was so full of gas the ER doc looked ashen when he was talking. His body language said he holey disagreed with the pied on call. After the 2 hours we were allowed to go home, Logan having no sleep, still sharp as a tack tried numerous times to get out of being there. I will say the most notable one being "Mom, Dad, lets take a walk.." Sure, he gets out of the room and hauls ass like a 4 year old on a mission to the (wrong)door. He was given an adult dose of some medication whose name escapes me at the moment. The tending was not thrilled, but the pied told him if Logan vomits today make an appointment. Ummm, he does it at night, after hours you stupid shit! This wouldn't be a problem if Kathleen was still his doc, even if she wasn't the on call she would have been in and at his side, not telling someone else it wasn't a big deal and let him get back to sleep. So far today he is fine, but again like yesterday we will find out tonight. At least he's not pooing his brains out like yesterday!

Recap of Sunday:
Logan was on the toilet most of the day, really. He again ate next to nothing, but conned him in to polishing off the Sprite near the end before we went to the ER. He was in a BAD way near 8:30 so I called the nurse line. Sending us to the ER. They took blood, Logan started getting burpy again (like last night before he :puke: ) all over himself and his loving mother. Corey tossed me out of the room while Logan and the bed were being cleaned, I came back in, cleaned where they missed it on him and then myself. I warned them, no one even Corey listened when I said he was going to :puke: I would like to say I told you so, but really I don't need to gloat about the fact I know my kid that well! Did you know lower intestinal bile is a bitch to get out of clothing, he was so upset I had just bought him Star Wars pjs and he was wearing them when it happened? We will NOT be going back to Pizza Hut buffet again anytime soon. Logan was cranky as hell while there, and uncomfortable to say the least. I killed both Corey and I to see him in pain. I couldn't believe the on call didn't come in when they called him. He finally went in and pooed his little butt out, and it was LOUD!!! He went back to the room took my phone demanded Collective Soul starting to finally fall asleep as we were just about getting done. He was serenaded by Ed Roland and the guys, From the ground Up was what he was listening too. He started to hurt as we were leaving, but got home and after pooing another 3 times fell into a deep sleep for 6 hours! A record with this illness. I hope it runs smoother today, he is drinking more, and eating crackers. We are also pumping him full of anti-gas kids stuff. Get better little dude, Love you!

2 witty replies:

Tina said...

I left a comment on myspace..I don't think it went through.I hope Logan starts feeling better soon. Did you guys eat the same thing?

♥Lisa♥ @ FinalScore:Boys3Girls2 said...

Im really praying that tonight is the turning point for Logan. ((hugs)) little guy. (nice escape attempt ;) )

Label Cloud

Rock On my friends, Rock On!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

I see you!