I have changed the topic a bit delving into the history of the Havanese and the "re-created" breed of Havana Silks. I will focus on the similarities of the dogs. I was happy to find in writing to "Doc" who was on of the key people in the Silk break away more then happy to assist me in the paper. I was touched. I was not expecting to get a reply, an not only did she reply but comment, giving honest and heart warming points. I think no matter what the outcome of this paper, I have more respect for "Doc" then before, most of which was influenced by Dee to begin with.
"We are not out to 'destroy' HCA or 'rip apart' the Havanese community. We have simply accepted the fact that, like people stuck in a very bad marriage, all parties concerned would be better off going their separate ways...an amicable divorce, so to speak, which should relieve the continual conflict that occurs when 2 groups with different philosophies try to live under the same roof and keep bumping into each other and butting heads. We wish the HCA well and many years of continued success."
I was really pleased to see she wrote that at the end.
Another thing I was able to garner out of her was the fact of her being a DVM, she was valuable in the health issues for both sets of dogs.
On another note, I broke down and bought a Dremel to do Sully's nails, a Remington beard clipper for trimming his pads, butt, and boy-part area, some shampoo and conditioner, lastly the grooming table from our groomer. Most groomers woulsn't encourage batheing and grooming yourself of a dog like Sully, but she has been after me for a while to give it a try. I did this afternoon. I was petrified. I had done his nails and clippered where needed last night, it went well. Thanking God again Sully is California cool and laid back! I washed him in the sink letting Logan hose him from time to time. It took 78minutes on the table to blow dry him, I used the cheap old hair dryer we used to use with Monarch. Really it was no more difficult then when I used to bathe FoxGlove our old rescue sheltie. But combing him straight while drying was interesting. He is all soft and poofy now, I am happy, so is he. He got some filet minion this evening, left over from my dinner, he was a happy dog. I think I took pictures but with the day, I may have only thought about doing so. Mommy brain!!! I will check later and post if I did on Sully's page.
Some Useful Links for You to Get Started
3 years ago








2 witty replies:
i bet he looks adorable. hope there's a pic, but i know what you mean, lol.
Yea, no pics, I will catch him next time. I think I was shaking so bad (and did I mention my Kodak is a piece?!?) I forgot to do it, but it is sometimes the thought that really counts...right? Ha! Now I at least know I can do it. He will still go see LaDaun every couple months, just in case is anal gland needs to be expelled and double check his inner ears. That I will pay 25 to have done, yuck!
Post a Comment