Help out Little Dude's School in one easy step!

America's Favorite School Contest - help your school win $20,000 - vote today!

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ticks Me Off Tuesday

It's been a long and busy week.  Things I would like to address this week.  OCD's and how to deal with a member in the family who has them in the most spiteful loving way possible.  School vacation days.  being damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

  • School vacation days, loved by most kids.  MOST kids, my kid is not most kids.  He hated not being in school Labor day, well this week he is out Thursday at noon, to come back Monday.  He doesn't hate being here, it's I think it is the atmosphere there.  The interactions with people.  He is a true extrovert, in that I have to find ways to keep him around people.  Kind of hard when I have a pile of my own shat I have to get done.  Thursday, I will being him out to Nick's and let everyone swoon over him for an hour while he eats.  Friday TG the local museum is holding a class about Bats for kids.  It's 2 hours long, Friday.  I think he will have a blast, Corey will be at work so bickering should be at a minimum.  For some reason you add Corey, Logan, and me, Logan becomes an arse.  Logan and I can do quite well together. 


  • I am in a precarious position, I am married to a high maintenance man who has mild to mid level Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.  This is the man who takes about 10 minutes putting on lotion after every shower and bath (3-4 a day).  He used to line up vacuum cleaner tracks too.  Vacuum as we went out the door.  And don't even get me started on his "process" to leave the house for more than a couple hours... Earlier the week he went to new heights once again, he bought a book on Amazon, brand new.  He opened the package he scoured over it, finding where the price sticker was he freaked out wondering what it was.  IT was shaped JUST LIKE a sticker!  He pulled out one of our many cans of disinfectant and wait for it......sprayed down both sides of the book.  Later he did it again!  I live with many of the idiosyncrasies, but my life is  pretty much controlled by it.  I am not allowed to do certain things.  Criminal Profiling, nope maniac could come to our door step.  Good bye dream since was a kid.  Doctor, nursing, are you kidding me?  GERMS!  It was hell coming home from life guarding if I had any types of rescues.  So, I find something where there is NO contact still in the medical profession, I have clinicals in 2012 Spring.  He just freaked out yesterday about it!  "OMG, I am going to have to Purell you every day you come home!"  Really, think I am going to get cooties while working back in records dept?  Come on, I can only support so much!


  • My darling husband makes it twice this week.  Well he earned it, in spades.  As stated above, he is high maintenance.  So, there are many things he will want, than see grass is "cleaner" on the other side and switch attitude on a whim.  Most times I can catch on before it happens, and I totally call him on it, support him full while announcing that I am once again right trying to educate him.  There were a couple times this week where that has happened.  With everything that is going on, I forget the specifics. 


  • *For those who have lived under a rock, Marsha is one of my Collective Soul fan buddies.  She lives in Atlanta.  It's under water right now. Hence her TTMOT edition to this weeks blogMarsha's Gripe: AT&T for starters! Trying 2 tell me that being online will cause my phone 2 go 2 voice mail! WRONG!I have no land line now because of the rain-wonderful! could be worse, I do realize that. But AT&T just chaps my hide!


****My solution to you my dear is pretty high tech since they have monopoly on the I phone:


 Last one for me for the week.  Going on to campus to meet with my new advisers, I saw flashed back to when I actually attended college the first time.  Dude was busting a move outside his beat up pickup stopping to flash me a wannabe killer "hey baby" smile.   Not impressed at all dude, I saw you all I could think of was this:


Totally Tick Me Off Tuesday is the brain child of Mommy from the Midwest.  Check out her blog, and look for more people who participate in TTMOT!  This is her "award" to those who Tick us off weekly.





1 witty replies:

Kristi said...

Pretty fly post for a white girl:)

Label Cloud

Rock On my friends, Rock On!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

I see you!