- The picture says most.
The final score Monday night says it all. Yelled a lot. I told Gruden countless times while he reminisced about his Farve love-fest to "feck off." Ok, I was actually yelling it and many other things. This amused the weatherman immensely. I would be the worlds best football coach I swear, I have a small tolerances to stupidity and above all else I am LOUD and somewhat frightening most of the time when I get pissed off. Monday night I actually had to stop tweeting during the game as I was so flustered with what was going down. Note to Packers, he sold out, sadly Rodgers is your QB even tho he is a sniveling little baby so protect him, not Farve. When sellout has ball you don't wait till he finds the hole and shoot off his cannon, it's just wrong. In the sellouts defense, Packer Management handled the whole "Farve Gate" badly so both sides are at fault in the debacle. Still going to the Viqueens make it REALLY REALLY hard to show any semblence of pity to the sellout.
- When one shops on Ebay yes, there is always a chance there is an error or something. Well I think living out in boo-foo Nebraska leaves me at a disadvantage when it comes to purchasing items. I can't really just go out and buy somethings in town. I really don't have the 40 minutes to go to Grand Island or the hour15 minutes to go to Kearney Target. So, I hit amazon and Ebay for "dead tree copy" books for little dude after the 2 local book stores, Wal Mart, Menards, and Kmart didn't have the books I was searching for.
I found a lady on Ebay who was selling two of the books I needed for about 3 bucks. I was thinking cool, great feedback, I'm sold. Shipping really negated the deal at 4 bucks for 2 books BUT, when you want the books, you suck it up. Then you get the books with a sticker:


You know, fine take a buck or two off the top for your greed. Cool, of hell no, BUT again you take
your chance in shopping on Ebay. BUT then the 2 books come with 1.73 postage sticker postage due, yea its not cool. On principle I see this as spotty business, you over charge for shipping AND still leave more out there hanging.
Marsha's post for the week really isn't getting any snarky pics this week as it is a fairly pointed and IMHO a serious issue in many places. Am I Catholic? Oh no, but I do see how this lady you are about to meet is misguided in a BIG way! In most schools you are entrusting your child from the moment they walk through the doors till they come out to be safe, and educated. On not just the 3 r's, but about tradition, honor, integrity, compassion/empathy and what it takes to be a productive member of a community as a worker but also as a person. Little dude is in a small school that presses values and is surprisingly a public school.
So, a little history -
Each class has a retreat each year - Freshmen go to Stone Mountain and have "Mass on the Mountain"; Sophomores go to all of the old Catholic Churches of downtown Atlanta to learn about the history of these churches and the impact they have had in the city of Atlanta; Juniors visit the Monastery in Conyers, GA for the day and then the Senior class then returns to Stone Mountain for Mass so that they come full circle.
We are a Catholic High School for Christ's sake! (no pun intended!)
So, this woman, who shall remain nameless, calls to complain about us closing school 1/2 day on Thursday so that the funeral for not only the first paid employee of our school, but a founding father and our first football coach can be held here where he spent most of his life. She had the audacity to ask if any other former faculty members died, would we close school for them as well - my boss' response - it depends on who it is! (Love it!) She said that she is not getting her tuition's worth of reading,writing and 'rithmetic! Excuse me! What about compassion? What about respect? What about honor? When a child is sent to our school, it is not only our responsibility to teach them true "academics" but also to teach them about life and how to be a compassionate, loving, contributing member of society. So, after she ranted about the funeral, she then asked if we would be sending her child on any more "religious" field trips this year, because her son's time was being wasted at the Monastery. Yesterday just happened to be the Sophomore retreat to the downtown churches. So, her son is a sophomore and she thinks he's on the Junior pilgrimage! She doesn't even know where her son is! If she is so against him going on these "religious" field trips, why did she sign the permission slip? He can stay in the library and study all day to get her $$ worth of academia if that's what she wants!
So, my boss spoke to her and elegantly stated that they would have to agree to disagree on this matter and that if she felt so strongly about these matters that maybe they should withdraw at the end of the semester. We'll see... I think she's just one of those people that has to have everyone else be as unhappy as she is. Whatever! I feel sorry for her child and I hope that this apple falls far away from that tree. He doesn't deserve the lessons that she is teaching - he deserves so much more.
So, bottom line, you want to send your child to our school, you need to buy into the whole philosophy, mission of the school. If you don't agree with all that we do, find another school. We don't need your negativity breeding more negativity! We have better things to do, like educate students!
- Totally Tick Me Off Tuesday is the brain child of Mommy from the Midwest. Check out her blog, and look for more people who participate in TTMOT! This is her "award" to those who Tick us off weekly. I posthumously award it this week to all of those who have ticked us off!












1 witty replies:
Wait are you serious about the books? I don't think I have ever gotten a package where postage was due. Does the post office hold it hostage til you pay? That's just wrong and would definitely tick me off!
Thanks for joining in.
Post a Comment