- Childhood obesity: Blue Cross Blue Shield BMI index say Logan is morbidly obese. Have you seen my kid, from birth minus those chubby cheeks you can see darn near every bone in his body.
but my little dude is all muscle and no jiggle. He cannot sit still even if I were to duct tape him down. I have threatened him with it too. He doesn't really like fries and when we go to places like McDonald's he gets apple dippers and doesn't eat the caramel and has chocolate milk. That is his choice, he also loves crunchy veggie and salads are the fo-zizzle to him. Screw you to the BMI, yes there is an epidemic of fat kids, but my kid is not one of them. According to his doctor Logan is in the 45% for weight, so who do we believe the Govenment standard or our won eyes?
- On the subject of kiddos, you really want to piss me off side with Hollyweid on the it's ok to rape a kid. It is just wrong. I am a shining example of how being molested as a child can adversly effect you. Sure I am not you drugged out, high risk person, but I carry the PTSD from it to this day. So, maybe the realization that my mother knew about it and didn't give a shit may have something to do with it too.
This article just made me once again hate everything there is to hate about Hollyweird.
- Racial/Ethnic brotherhood-Mexican restaurant First let me say, this restaurant in this next bit makes the best Mexican forod around here. Not saying much as it's there, Taco John (aka the grease pit), and Taco Bell, oh and there is Sanchez Place too I guess, but I call it snatches place, so yea, no I don't want to go there again....Said place is run by a straight out of Mexico, legal person. So, all your papers are legit, lets get down to it and eat! I won't even ask if the others there are legal, unless they continuously feck up my orders and I have to send it back for a 4th time. I said flour, hard shell, chicken taco with tomato. Come on how many times can you mess it up? Answer: 4, before I cave and tell you to take it off my bill. I was willing to forgive and forget for your salsa alone. Then one day a few weeks back I wonder in and am served by the one you call "Gringa" yea that should have been a heads up there was trouble in my non ethnic utopia! We shall call the poor girl "J." J told me about your Hot red salsa, I was in love. Not only that, my order came out correct. She also kept the precious ambrosia like salsa flowing for me. She was great and I went back the following week. Again same girl, again the following week, same perfect. I was getting into this whole lunch on my own. Then the ball dropped, I walked into Walmart 3 weeks ago and there was J, as a Walmart greeter. She asked if I had been to the Mexican place since last week, I told her no. I was set to go tomorrow. She told me she was fired. She is a bit like me, maybe that's why I liked her, so I figured she shot off her mouth one too many times and got canned. She informed me quite the opposite, one of the other workers there, one I know I heard refer to her as a "Ginga" had gotten into a disagreement over tips. Somehow J's tables were being fleeced of tips, and she was sure this other person was doing it. The owner flat out told her he would side with this other person just because they were of the same ethnic heritage. I thought all this progressive thought shit was supposed to be embraced now that Yes, We Can is in effect. Or was that more political bull shit, because it seems to me we are more divied then ever before.
- Totally Tick Me Off Tuesday is the brain child of Mommy from the Midwest. Check out her blog, and look for more people who participate in TTMOT! This is her "award" to those who Tick us off weekly. I posthumously award it this week to all of those who have ticked us off!













4 witty replies:
Holy Canole, Batman! You've got months worths of TTMOT material right there!
1 - Your son doesn't even look chubby, much less obese.
2 - I'm not even going to get into that whole Hollyweird part...UGH
3 - AMEN to the whole racial/ethnic bit. Although, being of different ethnicity myself, there are times where you relate to more things with people of the same background. Still, that girl "J" got totally shafted. That was totally wrong of the manager to do that/use that as a reason.
4 - Good that your son doesn't see "color". My girls are the same and I hope it stays that way.
5 - Totally off topic, love your design :)
whoa whoa whoa!! ticked off tuesday is in full effect!! and no way no how is your son obese...thats a bunch of crap!!
Logan isnt obese. He is just the right size. Now that 17 pound 4 month old that was denied coverage....well hes a fat ass!:D (Just kidding)
BTW--I posted the text of what Polanski did on a message board because some people didnt think it was a big deal. The moderators deleted it. So I told everyone if you cant even see it written because its so offensive than it wasn't ok to do. People in Hollywood or stupid.
I have to say I love your Halloween layout!
Obese? Ugh! He is not obese. When I was 24 I had a health assessment. I weighed 120 pounds and I was told I was obese. I about went through the roof. The destruction we do to kids and young adults about body image is just messed up. How can your son and me (way back in the day) be considered obese? Ugh!
I am off to read that article now. Whoopi pissed me off one day on this subject too with her "it's not rape, rape" comment. Did you see the view that day? No longer a fan of hers.
Post a Comment