Help out Little Dude's School in one easy step!

America's Favorite School Contest - help your school win $20,000 - vote today!

Sunday, November 30, 2008

A lesson in honesty

Most of you know Corey's parents gave us 500 dollars toward a new tv. Not that we needed another one, that was just the gift od choice this year from them. Fine. We decided on a Vizio 120hz full HD tv. I let Corey pick out the tv since I could care less. He chose the 42 inch for our bedroom, alrighty. We went to Sam's and got it this morning. Had someone pull it and meet us at the door. THe lady at the front was all in a tizzy because the sticker didn't match the receipt. I looked at her and said, it's the only 42 inch Vizio you all have...she let us go. I got out sideLogan riding on the flat bed some guy customer helped Corey load it. That was so nice. One thing about living in Nebraska I love, most are willing to help a fellow out. As I was getting ready to load Logan into the truck I told Corey about it the lady at the exit and that's why I took a couple extra seconds. HE got out and looked sure enough they pulled the 47inch and gave it to us. It was loaded up and out of the building. This was one of those What would Jesus do moments for sure. We paid for the 42inch and essentially got an upgrade. Should we just go, leave their loss? I grabbed the receipt and went to customer service, I may have circumvented a couple people getting the ladies attention but got her attention and told her of the mix up. "Good Heavens!" and she went to a floor manager, she looked at me and went to get the right one. No thank you or anything. Corey had come back in with Logan and helped her get the correct tv down. She wheeled it out to our truck and walked away. No thank you for your honesty and saving our store 500 dollars, nothing. Corey said had I not said anything we would have made it home and not noticed till we pulled it out of the box. I reasoned our decision on the fact we taught Logan a lesson in honesty. What if a family that REALLY saved for the tv went to get the last one, their hearts set on it and then there was none because we had it? I don't think I could have felt good about keeping it. I will be honest there was the temptation to just leave, but we didn't. Logan got our 38 inch in his room, it's ginormous in his room, he's in heaven. The Vizio in in our room now on the top of my highboy. It will take some getting used to, but looks great. Logan and I watched the shuttle land on NASA channel this afternoon before nap time. I look forward to seeing it later this evening. Would you have dine the same thing? I really only regret doing it since the people didn't thank us at all.

1 witty replies:

♥Lisa♥ @ FinalScore:Boys3Girls2 said...

I would have done it too. trust me saving Sams 500$ was like giving a penny to someone who dropped it. Now those people should have thanked you cause you probably saved their jobs.

Label Cloud

Blog Archive

Rock On my friends, Rock On!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

I see you!